Jack Skellington Sugar Cookies
Halloween is our favorite time to visit Disney World. There is a little extra magic when you visit during this time, and we wish we could go every year! So when Disney released the recipe for their Jack Skellington Sugar Cookies we just HAD to try them! It’s a very simple recipe, with about 10 ingredients total (cookies and icing!). We’ve put together a quick video recipe, along with the details below. You can check out the printable version of the official Disney recipe here.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extractICING
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture in three parts. Once dough comes together, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using round cookie cutter or an overturned cup, cut dough into circles about 3 1/4 inches in diameter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before icing.
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Black food coloring paste
- Place egg whites in bowl of electric mixer; whisk until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar a little at a time, until thick but still spreadable.
- Place 1/3 of icing in a separate bowl. Add black food coloring paste to reserved icing and stir until color is uniform.
- Decorate cooled cookies by covering with white icing and letting it dry (placing cookies in the refrigerator will speed up this process).
- Place black icing in pastry bag or a plastic resealable bag and cut off a tiny bit of the corner to create a very small hole. Use black icing to draw eyes, nostrils, and stitched mouth on each cookie.
Have you tried this recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!